Events at TWAS and elsewhere
- 15: Deadline to submit abstract to participate in the 3rd International conference for Women in science without borders movement/Network (WISWB), to be held 12-14 March 2019 in Egypt (for males and females). Specific interest will be drawn to sustainable development related fields. Abstracts should be submitted online here: https://goo.gl/forms/i1CuvuCKBkhwJhRi2.
- 22: Deadline to apply for the Elevating Ideas Competition, a GBP 50,000 global funding opportunity run by WorldLabs, an organisation, supported by Cambridge University. The award is designed to give early-stage entrepreneurial ventures the ability to showcase their idea, find valuable collaborators and gather supporters, plus an instrumental boost for the winner. To learn more click here.
- 30-1 Nov: TYAN-YSN International Thematic Workshop on Cancer Research, 2nd TYAN International Thematic Workshop, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The workshop includes talks on the latest technological advancements in precision medicine, drug discovery and digital technologies, but will also focus on areas of collaborations, grant opportunities, and mentoring for the building of scientific leadership in cancer research in the region.
- 31: Deadline to participate in the 2018 Global Survey of Mathematical, Computing, and Natural Scientists. The survey is part of the ISC-funded projecy “A Global Approach to the Gender Gap in Mathematical, Computing, and Natural Sciences: How to Measure It, How to Reduce It?” and it is planned to reach 45,000 respondents in more than 130 countries using at least 10 languages. To partecipate in the survey click here.
- 31: Deadline to apply for the S4D4C Open Doors Programme, an exciting opportunity for researchers to establish relationships with diplomats, policy makers and global experts to enable them to access and use scientific research. The call targets researchers at an appropriate level of seniority (PostDocs, Principal Investigators (PI), and beyond) working in national, European and international research institutions located in the EU and with an interest in science policy. For full details click here.
- 2-7: Young Scientists Conference on Genomics and Human Health in Africa, in Khartoum, Sudan. The conference will bring together a group of talented young African scientists to present their latest research activities in the rapidly advancing field of Genomics. World-renowned scientists will be invited to give plenary lectures and participate in various discussions.
- 15: Deadline to submit videos for the 3rd ISDE Video Competition, organized by the International Society of Digital Earth (ISDE), who will announce the winner in September, 2019, at Florence, Italy, during the 11th ISDE Symposium “Digital Earth in a Transformed Society”. The video should present the author’s CV and her/his the goals and objectives for contributing to the International Society for Digital Earth in order to encourage a societal transformation towards sustainability, resilience to natural disasters, etc. For more details click here.