- From 2018 all applications can only be submitted via the online portal once the call is open.
- Please use the "Apply now" button at the bottom of each programme page to start your application once the call is open.
- Both the opening and closing dates will be mentioned on each individual programme page.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call. Keeping in mind that only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
- Click the links below to get an overview of all fellowship opportunities, both for postgraduates wishing to earn a PhD (PhD fellowships), and for those candidates interested in postdoctoral fellowships.
TWAS funds several programmes that provide grants to researchers in some developing countries for specialized equipment, consumable supplies and Master of Science students. The grant money goes to individual scientists and research groups.
TWAS offers financial assistance to the organizers of international and regional scientific conferences, workshops, symposia and special meetings in the developing world.
TWAS has long recognized that prizes and awards provide an incentive for scientists to do their best work, while winning global recognition. They range from the TWAS-Lenovo Science Prize, which celebrates the very best research in the South, to prizes awarded to early-career scientists already making impressive contributions to their field.